Monday, May 30, 2011

Blurry Eyes and a Little Memorial Day Round Up

Okay.  So, I am just gonna put it out there.  I'm blown.  I'm tired. I can't see straight.  What's an old gal like me thinking sitting up until 2 AM in the morning working on my blog template?  My scratchy eyes are wanting to know.....
If you are reading this, you have certainly seen what I have done to the design of The Homeless Finch.  How it got here, well, I don't know.  I just got so darn sick of that Blogger Watermark Template and wanted something a little different.  Before, I knew it.....there was no turning back.  If you know anything about what this is all suppose to look like, you realize that I probably should have stayed up until 4 AM, or perhaps never gone to bed!  But this is where it is for the moment..... what little I can see through my sleepy eyes.

For those of you who might wonder, I used the free services over at Shabby Blogs and merge it with FotoFlexer.  I got the crazy idea to do this from Kristi over at The Speckled Dog who is also updating her blog design.  I wonder if she lost any sleep too? Probably not.  She seems like a much more sane person than myself! 

Speaking about insanity, the master bedroom project is coming along and I will be updating more about that later this week.  Let's just say....the bed is finally off the ground!!  But, since it is Memorial Day, I thought I would show you some of the patriotic images and weekend project ideas that I am seeing in the blogosphere. 

Nest of Posies shared this neat sweet idea that she got from allrecipes.com.  She also showed some other ideas for entertaining today.  Click here if you want to see them.

Miss Mustard Seed is spending her holiday weekend as a stylist for a Memorial Day Weekend Wedding.  Here is just one image of what she has designed.  If you would like to see more click here.

Terry over at Forever Decorating is showing off her super cool Porch Post Birdhouses that she set up on poles around her home for the summer ahead.  If you want to see more images of this, including her process click here.


Deneen over at Dreaming in Color showed how to make this adorable flag decoration for the holiday.  I had completely planned on making this, but just couldn't fit it in between all the other stuff I have going on.  Maybe I still will make it this week.  After all....July 4th will be here before we know it!  If you want to see how she made this adorable little decoration out of paint sticks, click here.


I did a little decorating for the holiday myself on my new pine hutch that I talked about this past week.  If you missed it, you can click here to find out more.  Just a little holiday fun.......and now for that nap!


Hope that everyone has a SAFE and Happy Memorial Day!  

-The End-

3 comments:

tofubeast said...

The new design looks great!! Love that flag, you should totally make it for the 4th of July!

Lorrie said...

I like it. Different colors and well done. With love from The Victorian Rabbit

foreverdecorating said...

You're too sweet! Thanks for mentioning me and my blog.