Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bug Off, Blog! - I'm Busy!

"Go Away! I have had it with you insisting that I report in each day!  After all....I got a lot of things to do and you, my little Homeless Finch, just keep pecking at me!" 
Coolio skates that I own!

Writing a blog is an undertaking.  When I started, one of my main goals was to create a system of accountability.....and boy has that been a success! Sometimes I think I should be wearing a pair of skates just to get around quicker and get it all done! I needed the ongoing pressure to perform and this blog has definitely supplied me with that juice!  But, there is a balance.....the blog writing just can't take over the production!  This dynamic plays out everyday in every workplace.  If you work in a corporation, there is a certain amount of your day spent reporting in on progress and covering your.....well you know what body part.  So, you, who is reading this today are my boss and I am reporting in.  But only for a short while. I am going to 'skate' around for you today......because nothing will get done if I sit here all morning covering my.........
Soon to be white!
Today, I will finally tackle the master bed head and foot boards with my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.   As I have explained, this bedroom is going all white!  So.....this headboard is as well.  This paint is all the rage in the furniture restoration world because it acts as a sander, primer and paint all in two coats!  "No sanding, you say??!! I'm in!"  The bookcase to the left in this picture is almost done and I plan on completing that project as well.  Reveal to follow!

Yesterday my awesome re-slip covered sofa was delivered.  I am going to 'skate' around this subject for right now and write a lot more about this project sometime this week.  But, for now....here is a sneak peek.  Sasha has already claimed it for herself!  Her eye is better, by the way.....
I also received the all white Sure Fit Wing Back Chair Cover in the mail from Target (free shipping, yippee!) for the wing back in my master bedroom.  I need to press it (like my sister would) and make sure that it is going to cover my red upholstered chair!  I just don't want to spend the time to tackle a slipcover remake on my own at this time.  Sorry Miss Mustard Seed!  Hope this is good enough.....fingers crossed. 
Did I mention the laundry and the grocery shopping and the routine doctor appointment and the dropping off and picking up of kids and the keeping everything straight in every-one's life that I gotta do today as well??!! Now, where are those skates?!  Phew!  Busy, busy busy.........
-The End-

2 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

The bedroom already looks great! Can't wait to see the transformation. Let us know about the slip cover from target, I desperately need some for chairs also. Be careful on those skates! :)

Lisa said...

Yes...please iron it!