Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chillin' Out With My Sis, Ends in Freaking Out to Finish Before The Storm

The day started out "chill"......a term that my teenager uses.  The blog can wait....I got my sister coming over to join me during my yard sale excursion today and I am thinking that the blog will just have to come after that activity.  My house is a mini-version of Grand Central Station this morning with kids coming and going, but it isn't my concern.....I'm "off duty!" 
This is the back end of my sister's Honda Fit after the morning of yard sales.  My birthday was this past week, so she joined me on my weekend yard sale hunt.  Inside this 'compact' car is a super size console table, two wooden chairs, a hope chest, a stereo system, a box full of pottery stuff, a two tiered wall shelf and two very crazy women!!!  Who says that you can't get compact size, gas efficiency and amazing storage all in one vehicle?!  I have to admit that the hope chest had to sit on my lap and I could hardly breath, but hey......it was for a good cause!!! 

I am posting this a little later in the day for me because I have been busy busy busy......  In other words.....it didn't continue to be a 'chillin' day.  Nope.....the storms were moving in, and time was wasting.........
Here is my master room bed out of the back patio of my home. This image was taken at about 1:30 pm today and this bed is DONE!  I finished it and got it back inside at 6:30 PM.   Phew!  This is what the weather looked out off the patio as my hubby quickly helped me get it back inside. Yikes! 
Stormy weather moving in......

.......and yes, I am totally exhausted..... I was 'freaking out' and I worked frantically.   I will reveal more about this in my post tomorrow.  Here is a little tease.....
This was my first time ever using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  I have a lot to share about that as well.....tomorrow.....it's late.  The bed looks amazing..............the thunder and lightning is scaring my little Coco, so I gotta go.........


-The End-

3 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW!!! I love what you are doing to your furniture! I'd love to come over, with a great bottle of wine, and just "chill" as I watch you do your magic!

Vicky said...

Lesley,

You are amazing!

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the picture at the end of your dog.

lisa