Thursday, May 26, 2011

What Beats a Friend With A Van?

I walked into the antiques mall to pick up my Pine Hutch that I talked about in my blog post A Pine Hutch, #5 Crazed Jug, Antique Scale and a Strategy and the gal says, "Are you meeting the gentleman with the red shirt?"  I quickly reply, "Well....I'm not sure about his shirt, but I am meeting someone here to help me pick up my pine furniture piece I bought." 

The gentleman that she was referring to is my best friend, Ted.  He happens to have a rental van today because his sporty black SUV is having some work done and he has offered to help me get this little princess home.  What a great friend, right?!  Him and I talk over coffee every weekday morning, exchanging stories and dispense advice.  He is that one friend that everyone should have.....you know, the one that you can get away with saying anything too?  The one who will laugh at your lame jokes and listen endlessly to you work through life's issues.  He's never afraid to speak his mind, but goes about it in a diplomatic way when he senses I'm all sensitive.   Friendship gold.

I am so excited about this pine hutch and he offered to help me get it home.  We greet each other and he lets out a few words from the song, I'm Going Home by Daughtry.  We laugh and get to work.
My Pine Hutch on carts at the door on
it's way home.

Packed up....going home.
Ted follows me up the highway to my house, helps me unload into my front door area and is off to his day of real estate deals and trading the van back in for his shiny SUV. 

I shut the door, turn around, squeal and start pushing the piece right into place.  I am too excited to wait a single second.  Five minutes later, I am setting it up and popping a few little whatnots on top of the shelves and table top.  I am going to fix this up much nicer later, but I just had to admire it immediately.  My excitement makes me impatient many times.  Oh well.....that's me.

Do you have a "Ted" in your life?  Do you have someone whom you can count on? .....who listens and tries to help?..... who makes you laugh your guts out?..... who you care so much about, you would do the same for them?.....  If you do, give them a call and let them know how much they mean to you today.  Life is too short not to let them know it.  I have already called Ted to thank him for helping me with the hutch.  But, I also know that he will be reading this as well.  So, to answer the question, What Beats a Friend With A Van?  Easy answer.... a true friend.  (The van is just icing on the cake.)

-The End-

5 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I guess my hubby my friend. Thanks for the reminder. I should tell him today.
Just found you through Debbie's blog. The chair makeover is fabulous! I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
Have a nice day!
Tammy

Sue said...

Really a pretty piece, even in it's current state.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Ted sounds awesome!

Lisa said...

Love the piece and TED IS AWESOME!

tofubeast said...

TED RULES!!!