Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Next Great Craze

Remember the craze created by this simple, rubber bracelet idea?  Within months, everyone was wearing one or another rendition of this bracelet.  Then Silly Bands were born.  Every kid in the US had to cover their arms with those things. 

I often wonder what the next craze is....  I see things all the time and wonder if they will multiply like rabbits across the globe.  I have several gals on the blogs whom I follow that sell their made items on Etsy.  I often wonder if something they come up with will be the next great Mrs. Field's cookie. Remember that one?!!  She made millions!  Why just a few days ago, one of my daughter's friends came walking into the house wearing this......

What a great idea?!  I mean.....Do you realize how many different Lego people are made? The necklace possibilities are endless.....  If you are a nurse, we got one.  If you are a baseball player, we got that too..... and a doctor, policemen, mom, Darth Vader.....You name it.....we'd have a necklace for you!  Who doesn't like a Lego man?  Imagine how many Lego man parts would be dug up from the depths of the boxes they are lost inside, brought out into the light and re-purposed into a much sought after necklace!! 

In the very least, I thought I would show this to my creative friends who might just have a little one who might really like something like this.  It's also a great idea for party favors....don't you think?!!  Well...... You be the judge. 

Now I gotta get back to my porch project.  Writing this post midday to avoid the hottest part of the day and then back at it!  Final reveal real soon! ........ Wonder if they make a Lego artist?....or a furniture upcycler?....or a DIY home dec crazed nut?!! I gotta find this stuff out!  

-The End-
I'm Linking this post to:

7 comments:

Jen T said...

I think Darth Vader or perhaps Darth Moll for a night out on the town. I prefer a Storm Trooper or Alien for more of a day look. Wheels are turning...jen

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

My teenage son should read this post. He is the Lego King. He has been building since he was barely able to talk. Yes, they do make a lego artist. Upcycler? Hmmmm.....maybe I should get him on this.

Patty Sumner said...

To cute! Great idea!

Shabby Soul said...

Lol...I love this idea. You may be on to something big!

very merry vintage style said...

Cute idea... who doesn't love Legos? Link it up!

Anonymous said...

I have a ffiend who has been doing this for years. She did quite well on limited edition Indian Jones figures.
Of course anything Harry potter is hot.

I also see many etsy stores selling miniature food charms. Personally I don't see the appeal, but there are so many it must look good to someone.

Hey, what do I know. I am from the era of lava lamps and pet rocks.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love this idea!! I'm all for making jewelry out of anything that sits for too long. Great idea. Why didn't I save all the Legos?